Saturday, July 24, 2010

Most Perfect Black Metal Album Ever


I should probably mention here that Old Man's child's Vermin is the most perfect black metal album ever made, by my estimation, though there is a lot of great black metal I have yet to hear.

It is amazing. I suppose I am drawn to bands like this-I am a huge Bathory fan. There is so much that can get done when a single, crazy and probably ill-tempered individual, calls all the shots and executes his true vision. It is a masterpiece, especially because it has a sort of balance that a great deal of black metal lacks-a constant sense of evil and impending doom.

I person could seriously listen to the whole thing, imagining that spiders were crawling all over them, and have a good time. That is what Black Metal is supposed to do for us, that or go to war with an axe.

No comments: