Thursday, June 10, 2010

Monkeys

I just need to vent here. Alex took the car the night before last, and was out all night with it. I did not actually need the car, it is just that I do not know what Alex does on nights like that. Sometimes he leaves it with a full tank, sometimes, it is pretty damn near fumes. For a stuffed monkey, Alex is actually a pretty good driver. Stuffed monkeys are much better drivers than actual monkeys, which goes without saying. I think the person who really eggs Alex on is Pink Bunny, who has an anarchic vibe about him. Pink Bunny never lets me down though. He has been around the block more than a few times. Pink Bunny has an aura, a themesong, a vibe. Pink Bunny rocks out. Pink Bunny never actually opens his eyes. I actually live with two pink bunnies, the other being Judgie Pink Bunny, who is, in fact, a very judgmental stuffed animal. Needless to say, Judgie Pink Bunnie does not approve.
Alex is full of big plans. He must have six open checking accounts. I have no idea how he gets his money, but he has some. He also likes to run around stark naked. Everyone in this house, especially the little girl, seems to regress to hippidom at the slightest provocation. I suppose that goes for me too.
Now there is a collection of rubber duckies, led by a giant. Mostly, the giant demands to be fed, and seeks water. The duckies show up in all manner of places, the devil duckie staring down the angel duckie. The Alice Cooper duckie confronting the cheerleader. Ducks sleep at night. Monkeys drive. and accumulate those little toothpicks that spear the olives in Martinis. Lady Gaga plays, over and over again. We say goodnight to Megadeth.

No comments: