Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why We Rock

Yesterday, I was listening to Old Man's Child....it must have been the sixth or seventh play through Vermin in 24 hours.....lost in the dark melodies and blast beat drums.  Eeevvvvillll, except, I was installing a baby security gate.  Come to think of it, I put Ruby to sleep with Metallica's Death Magnetic last night, it replaced Kreator's Pleasure to Kill, which is too discodant for a lullaby. Eeeeevill.  Did I mention that I almost teared up to Rush's "Time Stand Still" in a Mc Donalds drive through line a few days ago?  I acutally hate that song, it is from what must be Rush's worst album.  Still, I knew all the lyrics from my dorky youth.  Laaammmme.  The ones that really get me come from out of nowhere.  It was Johnny Cash's "Solitary Man" once, and, notably, Scorpions "Winds of Change", in MN, turning the inition key to leave my grandmother's old neighborhood, now gentrified...This is why we rock.  This is why we rock.

No comments: