Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Victory

The night was cloak-black. I could scarcely see anywhere without my special goggles. Its cranium was shining flame-yellow though, blinding my vision of anything but a cerebral cortex, outlined in greenish black, pulsing through a translucent humanoid skull.
I use the term "humanoid" loosely here. The beast had tentacled arms, but a recognizably human face with a gaping, idiot's jaw.
I circled round it with my energy sword drawn. It would fall before me like the others. It would not kill me with its death ray vision, because i was neither living nor dead, a robot. My silver skin glistened in its reflections, and I moved in for the kill. Under its quickly-moving right tentacle I went, but the second tentacle writhed around my foot just in time for me to cut it off at the shoulder. A foot kicked me then, and I went down with a shudder. Rolling in its direction, I cleaved both feet off of the thing, and then crawling to my robot knees as it cried, I beheaded it.
Glowing cranium pulsed at increasingly longer and longer intervals as the thing's head died in the black night.

No comments: