Friday, March 13, 2009

Dear Ruby

Dear Ruby,
It will be a while before you are able to read this, but thank you for all the times you have stared into my eyes and, with all the meaningful gaze you could muster, stood on my chest and made conversation with me. I thought this would take years. No words, nonsyllbles in fact, but so much exchange of emotion. I was happy to enjoy the new Metallica album with you yesterday, and yes, those crunchy gallops were magnificent. Some of their best work, despite their age. Keep this in mind when you are playing as a teenager and I am an old man.
Love

4 comments:

Brachial Plexus said...

Listen, Alan.
I wonder what it feels like to have a child. You have vividly depicted this in your blog.
I thinks it pretty cool. Anyways, I wanted to tell you that I like your blog.
Also, I was going to be in Chicago, April 18-22.
Please tell me, we could meet up sometime, or that I could see your family.
I have plans in effect.
I may need you help.

Gina and Tim said...

This is probably one of the sweetest things I've ever seen written. I hope someday, when she's old enough to appreciate it, you're able to give it to her.

Dr. Indus Malhari said...

Is that you, Mike Nordine. Of course, I would love to see you. Email me....you know my email, same as my last name, at uic.edu.

Dr. Indus Malhari said...

Is that you, Mike Nordine. Of course, I would love to see you. Email me....you know my email, same as my last name, at uic.edu.